PDA

View Full Version : Forum usage

Gyorgy Szimuly
02-29-2008, 10:48 AM
Folks, I would like to hear ideas how do you follow the new posts? Are you browsing only the favorite forums or going through all? What is the most efficient and faster way to see new posts should be image critics or discussion?

Szimi

Fabs Forns
02-29-2008, 10:58 AM
Szimi, I think if you want to see all new, go to the tools on top right and click on new posts.

Personally, I go through every Forum every time I log in, to see what's new, whether I respond or not ;)

Cheryl Flory
02-29-2008, 11:43 AM
Yikes! The famous Fabs sees all those beginner and awful pics I've been putting on?? And I thought I could hide out in the Eager to Learn forum. :)

Cheryl

Fabs Forns
02-29-2008, 11:51 AM
Yikes! The famous Fabs sees all those beginner and awful pics I've been putting on?? And I thought I could hide out in the Eager to Learn forum. :)

Cheryl

Inquiring minds want to know, Cheryl.....:D:p:)

Ian McHenry
02-29-2008, 03:50 PM
Szimi: I already follow Fabs suggestion and go to New Posts.
I see if there are any new posts to threads I'm following, or any new threads that look particularly of educational value or interesting subjects.
Occasionally I also scroll thro' others like Avian wild etc.
Hope you find the best system for you.
Ian Mc

Jim Poor
02-29-2008, 04:14 PM
I do several things. The "new posts" link shows post that are new since your last log on, however, comma, pause for effect, the last log in time can be incorrect. For example, my visit is recorded as before noon today and I've been in and out several times since then. I think it is a cookie thing.

I usually use Quick Links > Today's Posts in the morning and the New Posts link throughout the day.

I also click on each forum individually and pop in to the threads that grab my attention with thumbnails.

Then I'll go to my subscriptions and look at all the threads that I started. If I'm not the last poster and I'm not sure that I saw the most recent activity I'll go look.

Whichever way I happen to be browsing, I look for posts with no or very few replies and try to hit those quickly so folks don't have to wait forever.

I also have subscriptions to entire forums rather than just individual posts (under forum tools when first entering a forum, before opening a thread). That provides Daily (if you choose) updates on activities.

One last step for my own learning is to visit the profiles of several of the folks that I want to be like when I grow up and click on "Find all posts by . . ." to go look at whatever I haven't seen.