PDA

View Full Version : Singing a song at home.

Daniel Cadieux
05-04-2010, 04:40 AM
Although the Swamp Sparrow can be lured out of the reeds and onto "pleasing" perches using audio, I've tried many times to get a good habitat image. First time I've been remotely happy as the reeds tend to be in the way, and BGs too busy. This one was better in those respects. This image pretty much shows where these guys set up their nests - well, at least in this particular area I like to frequent. My only wish would have been for higher SS to freeze the lower mandible.

Canon 40D + 100-400L @400mm, aperture priority, evaluative metering, 1/250s., f/6.3, ISO 640, +1.3 EC, natural light, handheld, almost full-frame, dark reed behind bird eliminated.

Scott Frye
05-04-2010, 05:42 AM
nice colors and I like being able to see both feet gripping the perch. Maybe crop some off the right at just about where the lower reed sticks up from the bottom

Dave Leroy
05-04-2010, 09:36 AM
Very nice habitat shot Daniel.
I really like the nice soft look to the reeds.

Gal Shon
05-04-2010, 09:59 AM
I like the singing pose, habitat, Comp and light.
Have you sharpen the eye area?

Judy Lynn Malloch
05-04-2010, 10:29 AM
Lovely singing pose captured at the right moment. I find this presentation very artistic as presented and one I would enjoy painting. The whole canvas has interest that captures my eye. Fine work Daniel

Axel Hildebrandt
05-04-2010, 11:42 AM
I like the inclusion of the habitat, singing pose and sharpness and as in the other one, would only lower the color temperature a bit.

Juan Aragonés
05-04-2010, 01:12 PM
Daniel I like this kind of images in which is possible to enjoy part of the bird´s habitat. Here I like the balance between out of focus areas and shap one, the soft light and the singing pose. Composition works for me but I think it would be much interesting with the bird placed near the upper right corner :-)

Jay Tan
05-04-2010, 01:27 PM
Love the colors and environmental feel. The vertical sticks add an artistic feel to the image.