PDA

View Full Version : Pink Water Lilly

Roman Kurywczak
05-03-2010, 12:56 PM
Denise Ippolito, Susan Candelario, and I are running another workshop to Longwood Gardens on Aug. 14th. We are also doing one a bit eralier at a nursery here in NJ, it will be posted shortly on the workshop furum but wanted to show you what you can expect to get at Longwood at that time of year! Many opportunities with the water lillies as well as lotus and hibiscus! I really had to control my flash with this one to not get too many reflections. My high key bud was photographed at the nursery.
Canon 1D Mark lll with the Sigma 180mm macro and the MT 24 twin lights in Manual at 1/64 power at ISO 800 and f29 for 1/60 sec hand held, manual focus. The gardens add black dye to the water.....so yes, it is that black! Removed a few highlights in PP'ing.

denise ippolito
05-03-2010, 01:24 PM
Roman, I love the lighting and the sharp details. The water drops are great. The black water really is special. Should be another great workshop.:)

Julie Kenward
05-03-2010, 05:31 PM
Fantastic image, Roman. Can you tell us more about how you get the center of these flowers to light up so well? What's your secret? ;)

OvidiuCavasdan
05-04-2010, 02:03 AM
Beautiful flower, awesome colors, details... and also love that leaf!

Ken Childs
05-04-2010, 07:40 AM
Very nice, Roman! The center of that flower really pops. The water drops and black BG are nice touches.

It's nice of them to make a black BG just for you. :)
Do they add the dye for looks or is it for reducing algae growth?

Barbara Kile
05-04-2010, 11:15 AM
Lovely details and comp, Roman and love the water drops too!

Anita Bower
05-06-2010, 11:03 AM
Lovely! Fantastic colors and details. You are a master at controlling the flash to get just the right amount of light. The flower and leaf pop againt the dark water.