Ken Childs
05-02-2010, 03:49 PM
Canon EOS REBEL T1i
Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS @ 67mm
Av mode
.8"
F16
ISO: 200
Canon 430EX: On, Fired (comp -3 w/wide panel)
LR & CS3

BG is white foam core. Shot indoors with natural window light and minor fill flash. Exposure comp +2.

Nick Palmieri
05-02-2010, 07:40 PM
Like the high key effect. I think you are starting to lose some of the highlights in the flower especially on the right where it appears to be blending into the BG. (? my monitor)

Desmond Chan
05-03-2010, 12:45 AM
I tend to agree with Nick on the highlights. They do look kind of blown on my monitor, too.

Roman Kurywczak
05-03-2010, 09:00 AM
Hey Ken,
Very fine line with these white on whites.....but have to agree with the others. This can happen during the jpeg compressiion....see if it's there and revisit this one as the comp is very nicely done!

Vida van der Walt
05-03-2010, 01:02 PM
Beautiful image. Love the angle, comp and this is one mighty fine white on white image. Agree that the lower right petal is fading into the bg but I'm sure you can fix it.:)

Julie Kenward
05-03-2010, 05:25 PM
I agree with the others - white on white is not my favorite for this very reason. I think this is pretty well done and you can probably save those whites on the right but I bet this would look phenomenal on a black BG, too. Lovely details here, Ken. The bud is so sharp and the touch of yellow poking through the middle of the main bud is perfect.

Anita Bower
05-06-2010, 10:56 AM
Ken: I'm very fond of white BGs, including white-on-white. Good for you! I think the whites look good--lovely shadows and that bit of yellow. The fading of the white petals into the white BG doesn't bother me. See Ron VanDongen http://www.ronvandongen.com/thumbs_wow.php
The bud, and perhaps the green stem, is what pulls my eye away from the main flower. The bud has color and stands out more. Don't know if lightening it would do the trick, but it is worth a try.