Sensing Method : One-chip color area sensor
Exposure Mode : Manual exposure
White Balance : Auto white balance
Focal Length 35 : 157mm
Lens : Nikkor 105mm/F2,8 VR
Tripod

Juan Carlos Vindas
05-02-2010, 08:49 PM
Love that mate-black BG. I would suggest to tone down the upper part of the flower since is too light. Interesting composition.

Roman Kurywczak
05-03-2010, 08:58 AM
Hi Adrian,
Interesting perspective and comp. I agree with Juan on toning down the UR a touch and would add one more thing. For me, the comp is a bit too static and centered. I think your idea is great but try working the curve of the petal going downward....see if you can get it more on a diagonal.....this presentation just seems too rigid for such a graceful flower. Let's see what others think.

Julie Kenward
05-03-2010, 05:23 PM
Adrian, you captured some beautiful details here and the black BG really sets this off. I agree with Roman that a shift in angle would add more interest. I also think taking some off the top and bottom would work as well. I'd cut the light purple right below the torn petals so they no longer show and then go with an 8x10 instead of your 7x11 size, reducing some off the bottom. If you can get that yellow area into the ROT's position with the petal on an angle I think it would further strengthen this beautiful image.

Adrian David
05-05-2010, 01:45 PM
Thank you very much!

Anita Bower
05-06-2010, 10:49 AM
The purple and white against the black works great. I like the detail in the center of the flower--that bit of yellow. The composition is a great idea, perhaps improved by the rotatio suggested above.