View Full Version : Flight of the Spoonbill

Mark Fuge
05-02-2010, 10:40 AM
Taken at Merritt Island NWR.

Modification in PS4 included; Dry Brush, Craquelure, Accent Edges

Enjoy!

denise ippolito
05-02-2010, 12:24 PM
Maybe a bit more separation and clarity in the head area. I did notice that the frame in one of your last posts was thinner on two sides-not sure if I like this new trend-it makes the image appear unbalanced IMO. Lets see what others think. I do like the wood grain.:)

Patti Edens
05-02-2010, 03:36 PM
Mark, I like the bright, almost "on fire" color of the spoonbill against the darker background foliage. Agree about wanting to see a bit more definition of the head/bill. I noticed that the frame has a 3D appearance to me. The edges seem to be coming forward. I don't know if that is because of the difference in widths or if it is just my imagination.

Patti

Michael Pancier
05-02-2010, 07:41 PM
I like the painted on glass look. Maybe brighten up the face of the spoonie a bit...

Christopher Miller
05-02-2010, 08:16 PM
Beautiful colors and painted look, Mark. Love it. :) I think I'd prefer it if the grain on the frame went lengthwise instead. Just my opinion.

Mark Fuge
05-02-2010, 11:07 PM
Thanks all for viewing and comments. Appreciate it.

Maybe a bit more separation and clarity in the head area. I did notice that the frame in one of your last posts was thinner on two sides-not sure if I like this new trend-it makes the image appear unbalanced IMO. Lets see what others think. I do like the wood grain.:)

Thanks for viewing and comments, Denise.

I figured you saw the frame, but was surprised that you had no comment previously. :confused: :D

The frame is something I came up with this week. It has a bug in the width of extended sides. But thanks to a comment that Kerry made earlier, I think I have the solution. I just didn't have time to change all the frame parts. I like the outcome of the frames and for many images it works as desired. But I will have to work on the long sides for future applications. I think it is a simple fix. Just haven't had the time to try it yet. Will advise when it is solved and usable for me and maybe others of like mind! I really prefer the black metal frames for my images, but variety is the spice of life, so I will concour this as well! ;) :D

denise ippolito
05-03-2010, 06:10 AM
Mark, I just saw Kerry's post. I thought it was odd. Especially since you are the frame man.:)

Mark Fuge
05-03-2010, 07:00 AM
Denise as noted, I wasn't sure of the exact cause, but now feel it can be made to work. We'll see! ;)