PDA

View Full Version : Hoopoe with egg

Giulio Zanni
05-02-2010, 03:20 AM
Hoopoe holding an (lizard's?) egg in his beak.

1/1000 f5.6 +1, 400 iso, 800mm.

Thanks for looking, Giulio

Juan Aragonés
05-02-2010, 03:47 AM
In my opinion there is too much empty room around the portrait and croping a bit tigher could improve the composition, The light is a bit harsh to my taste and the Bg could be toned down just a bit. The head angle, eye contact and interesting prey item in the bill are really nice. Well done

Troy Lim
05-02-2010, 06:43 AM
Juan's repost is just a bit tight, a bit more room would be good. Also I prefer the color tones in the repost.
Egg keeps grabbing my eyes to it, perhaps tone it down a bit.

With that being said, BG is absolutely pleasing, and you have a good image to start with. Minor tweak will make this a great image. I like it.

Randy Stout
05-02-2010, 06:47 AM
Giulio:

Nice capture! The egg is what makes it, so I don't mind it being a bit of a draw to the eye.
I agree with Juan about too much space, and I think the colors in of the background in his repost are more complimentary to the birds.

Cheers

Randy

Juan Carlos Vindas
05-02-2010, 08:47 PM
Juan's repost makes this one better. I agree about the tiny egg being the catch eye in this one. Very nice BG but light is somewhat harsh. Please keep them coming.

Ricardo Rodriguez
05-03-2010, 06:42 AM
Giulio, I like Juan's repost of your image very much, and agree with Troy about toning down the egg ("front" part especially). Nice composition and the bokeh is wonderful.