PDA

View Full Version : Sunset at Ranthambhore

Sabyasachi Patra
05-01-2010, 11:15 AM
It was the last day, last show in Ranthambhore. Was filming a tigress and then had to rush back as I had about 6 minutes to reach the gate.

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV, Canon EF 24-70 f2.8 L USM at 70mm, ISO 800, f13, 1/800, EV:-2/3, full frame image.

Look forward to your comments and critiques.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Steve Kaluski
05-01-2010, 04:08 PM
Know it only too well Sabyasachi, not a road to dash back on, although there is another route to the rear if I remember rightly.

I like it because I know it, would love to see any with the fort or ramparts? MKIV hummmmm;)

Let me know next time you are going, you need to speak to a guy on route, Harshad knows him too, he is the Ultimate at Ranthambore!!!

TFS
Steve ;)

Robert Amoruso
05-01-2010, 06:02 PM
Sabyasachi,

I played around with this one awhile but decided I liked it as presented. I like the greater FG silhouette in this one and feel it balances well in the image.

Roman Kurywczak
05-01-2010, 08:28 PM
Hey Sabyasachi,
For my tastes....I would take off some off the base....just above your signature.....and I would consider trying to bring up more details in the sky....especially the rays! Very nicely done overall!!! ....now if only I can get you all to spend some time on the landscapes:D......instead of rushing!

Sabyasachi Patra
05-02-2010, 01:58 AM
Hi Roman,
I agree about the need for spending more time in landscapes. I plan to shoot more landscapes. Hence my 24-70 f2.8 L USM. I wish it had IS in it. While chasing tigers, I have noted various spots in our tiger reserves and sanctuaries. Will one day go there specifically for landscapes, in the right seasons.

Steve,
I get the routes of my choice in Ranthambhore. I think, I am aware of the person you are referring. I didn't stay in his hotel. :D You are right that there is another route. However, that route was blocked by tourist vehicles as the tigress wanted to get into the lake and the tourist vehicles didn't allow her to cross the road. I have posted that in travel section as Roman might disapprove the two legged animals and jeeps in landscapes. ;) Here is the link: http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?p=491751#post491751

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Dave Mills
05-02-2010, 09:48 AM
I tend to agree with Roman about taking a bit off the bottom and bringing up the sky details which should add more drama to the image...

Bob Miller
05-05-2010, 01:39 PM
beautiful capture.!....another vote for just a tad off the bottom