PDA

View Full Version : Ringed Plover - (Charadrius hiaticula)

Steve Kaluski
05-01-2010, 06:06 AM
Taken a few a short while ago in typical April weather, sun/cloud, spots of rain with strong winds and the wind chill felt like January. Irrespective of the conditions, these little birds would scoot around feeding, then 'hunker down' in any spot that would give them some respite from the chilling wind. Possibly not the most flattering of profiles. :) BTW the white specs on the feathers are rain droplets.

Steve
MKIII 500f/4 1/500 f/7.1 ISO400 (HH, FF)

denise ippolito
05-01-2010, 06:49 AM
Steve, I like the composition w/ the layered look to the BG. Maybe a tiny bit too much of a head turn but very nice details and pose.

Stu Bowie
05-01-2010, 07:09 AM
Hey Steve, good low perspective, and I like the look back pose. Good DOF on the plover, and overall, nice and sharp. If anything, I would maybe take a tad off the top.

Randy Stout
05-01-2010, 07:37 AM
Steve:

Good advice above.
I wish the little band of light at the birds feet extended to the bird, its a little dark for my taste.

Nice sense of the environment.

Cheers

Randy

Katie Rupp
05-01-2010, 12:29 PM
I like the layered fg/bg and that band of light really communicates the sense of a captured moment in changing weather/clouds/light conditions.

Troy Lim
05-01-2010, 12:36 PM
I think the cloudy day went in your favor. Although a bit dark, just a bit of brightness would be really nice.
Like the shot. TFS