PDA

View Full Version : Bluets #2

Christopher Miller
04-30-2010, 07:04 PM
Here's another of my recent bluet photos. I'm not sure about the moss stems sticking up. I cloned out a few that were cut off at the bottom edge, but not sure whether or not to clone out the remaining ones too. Your feedback would be most appreciated.

Olympus SP-550 UZ
f4.5 @ 1/125, ISO 100
Aperture priority mode, pattern metering, auto WB
Processed in PS CS2; slight crop, curves adjustment, brightened the yellows a bit, noise reduction and a little gaussian blur on the BG, and cloned out a white spot in the URC and a few cut off moss stems

Cheryl Flory
04-30-2010, 08:02 PM
I really like the angle and composition you have here. I just wish the whites in the background didn't blend in as much. I also like how the two blossoms overlap. I keep looking to see more sharpness in all 3 of the foreground blossoms.

Anita Bower
05-01-2010, 05:35 AM
You must have had your chin in the dirt to take this picture.

I like how the Bluets are lined up and how the petals of the two overlap each other--very nice. The flowers stand out nicely from the BG. The moss stems might be toned down a bit and still be in the image. The main thing that doesn't work for me is the strong horizontal line created by the dark upper and light lower BG.

Thanks for sharing!

denise ippolito
05-01-2010, 07:16 AM
I like the composition and the two overlapping is interesting to me. I think that the OOF white in the center(not the ones that have a flower shape)is a bit overpowering. Nice perspective.

Julie Kenward
05-01-2010, 07:36 AM
I think the others have given you some great suggestions, Christopher. I think this might be a great image for some of your textural work so that the top half and the bottom half ended up more blended. I'd also try to reduce the white blob in the center - it really is distracting since it is right in line with the main flowers.

Roman Kurywczak
05-01-2010, 10:44 AM
Hey Christopher,
Can't really add much to suggestions.....knowing you were on the ground.....only real option is pruning those moss stems in the field...if they are yours.

Christopher Miller
05-01-2010, 09:27 PM
Thanks very much, everyone! Your suggestions are all most helpful. I'll revisit this and see what I can do.

Desmond Chan
05-02-2010, 03:50 AM
I would vote for cloning out the moss stem and darkened the background as a whole.

Christopher Miller
05-02-2010, 08:53 PM
Thanks Desmond.