PDA

View Full Version : BeeEater back side.

Haim Ziv
04-30-2010, 05:07 AM
http://www.haimziv.com/HZIV_M4-0581.jpg
Copyright © 2010 Haim Ziv - WWW.BIRDS-PHOTOS.COM

It's BeeEater's high season in Israel.
Sorry for the metal bar, it was the only place they wanted to sit on.
Morning light.
Mark IV 600mm with 1.4 TC f5.6 1/1000 ISO800 WH under camo cover.

Thank you for looking

Daniel Cadieux
04-30-2010, 06:25 AM
I'm missing seeing the faces, but this is a good study in this species' backside plumage. A bit dark, and the details seem smoothed out like if NR was applied throughout. If that bar had a better end it could almost pass off as wood!

Randy Stout
04-30-2010, 07:12 AM
Haim:

Lovely color palette here. Agree with Daniel about it being a bit dark, but very rich tones.
The wing spread,tail flare, freedom from merge with other bird, all nice.
Didn't notice that perch was metal until second glance.
Might consider a small crop from right to decenter the birds a bit. Action seems to be flowing towards the right.

Cheers

Randy

Doug Brown
04-30-2010, 08:35 AM
Unique perspective on some beautiful birds. I wouldn't have know it was a metal rod if you hadn't told us. It does seem like there's a loss of fine feather detail.

Haim Ziv
05-01-2010, 01:51 AM
I'm missing seeing the faces, but this is a good study in this species' backside plumage. A bit dark, and the details seem smoothed out like if NR was applied throughout. If that bar had a better end it could almost pass off as wood!

Thank you Daniel and thank you all.
Yes! I used NR.

Ricardo Rodriguez
05-01-2010, 07:01 AM
Love the birds' colors, Haim, and the spread wings. Nice composition. The slightly dark image doesn't bother me. However, there still seems to be a fair amount of noise in the BG.