PDA

View Full Version : In a pool of molten gold

rajpradhan
04-29-2010, 11:56 PM
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e26/rajendrapradhan/Birds/Others/openbill_sunset.jpg

Hello from India! I am relatively a new convert to wildlife photography and hope to learn here. Here is my first picture on BPN, Asian Openbill at sunset at Tadoba lake.

Canon 550D, Sigma 150-500 OS
ISO 200, f/11, 1/3200 sec

Rajendra Pradhan

Daniel Cadieux
04-30-2010, 06:33 AM
Welcome to BPN Rajendra!!:)

Nice silhouette you present us as your kickoff image. I like the colours, and the many ripples in the water are way cool. Good feeding pose. I do wish the OOF branches were not there, and the image needs a bit of CCW rotation. Your black border is too thick...a slimmer one (just a couple pixels wide) would do the job properly without distracting from the image. Good start...looking forward to more!

P.S. You can send a private message (PM) to Alfred Forns to get him to change your user name to your real name (which is what we prefer here).

Dave Leroy
04-30-2010, 04:27 PM
I really like the light. Well done.
Am not sure if you could have moved a bit to the right to have the bird square to the camera.
Getting real low might have made a difference as well to really draw attention to the water and bird.
It looks like a beautiful time of day.

Axel Hildebrandt
05-01-2010, 12:48 PM
Welcome to BPN, Rajendra! The light and water patterns are great. Adding to the other comments, I wish the bird were not angled away from you. Keep them coming!

rajpradhan
05-03-2010, 10:58 PM
Thanks!

This picture was taken in Tadoba Tiger Reserve. It is forbidden to climb out of your vehicle in the sanctuary. That puts some limitations on framing. This was the only spot offering a clear view of the bird, as trees obscured the lake elsewhere.

Rajendra