PDA

View Full Version : Healing Pasque Flowers

sulasula
04-29-2010, 03:29 PM
http://www.sulasula.com/images/birdphoto/konik.jpg
Canon EOS 50, Sigma 150/2,8, ISO 320, F2,8, 1/1000s

This picture is few hours old and come from my favorite meadow. I spent nearly hour until sunset there. I feel exhausted these days and every minute in nature regenerate me again. These Pasque Flowers are realy healing flowers :-)

PETR BAMBOUSEK | WWW.SULASULA.COM (http://WWW.SULASULA.COM)

Greg Basco
04-29-2010, 04:26 PM
Petr, beautiful image that is very evocative. I love the light, the composition, and the shallow depth of field. The only thing I wish is that the bright out of focus flower stem weren't behind the foreground flower in the center of the frame but I still think it's a great shot. I wonder if moving to your right a few steps would have allowed you to avoid this.

Cheers,
Greg

Mike Moats
04-29-2010, 07:05 PM
Hey Petr, very cool comp, Greg has a good point about the bright area, but it can be easily toned down. I like the warm color, and the backlighting is great.

Christopher Miller
04-29-2010, 08:09 PM
Hi Petr, Very beautiful image. Love the warm colors and lighting, and nice composition. I agree with Greg on the bright OOF area.

Colin Knight
04-29-2010, 10:50 PM
Well done...a pleasure to look at. Thanks so much for sharing!

OvidiuCavasdan
04-30-2010, 01:49 AM
Beautiful light and color, very pleasant!

Ken Childs
04-30-2010, 09:34 AM
Others have already said what I would have but I want to reiterate just how great the light is. IMO, that's the best thing about this image.

Anita Bower
05-01-2010, 05:29 AM
Beautiful warm colors/tones in this image. I like the backlighting. The flowers to the right pull my eye away from the backlit flowers--don't know if this is good or bad. Toning down the light around the pasque flowers would be good. This image inspires me to get out into the meadow for photos. Very nice!

Julie Kenward
05-01-2010, 07:30 AM
I like that you have the three main flowers on the one side and the BG flowers on the other - that really gives this a sense of depth to me. I would most definitely tone down the hot white areas so they better match the rest of the beautiful lighting and I would also consider cloning out the one BG flower that is directly behind the prominent FG flower. Another thing to remember in the field (literally!) is where you are cutting the flowers off at the bottom of the frame. Would be nice to see the leafy parts of the stem all included or excluded instead of being cut off in the middle.

Outstanding lighting Sula. Such a tranquil and peaceful image!

Roman Kurywczak
05-01-2010, 10:34 AM
Hi Petr,
Can't add much to above comments....moving around a bit in the field would have taken this up another level......outstanding light!

Vida van der Walt
05-03-2010, 01:18 PM
Stunning shot beautiful light and colours! I actually love it just the way it is.:)