PDA

View Full Version : Chasing the tigers - visiting India 2011

Jay Gould
04-29-2010, 02:26 PM
I posted in the Africa forum that I was putting together a possible six+ swing through Africa and other places.

As the trip is shaping up - if it occurs - we will be doing Africa at least January through April 2011.

What about India in May or June for tigers and other possibilities?

All suggestions appreciated.

Sabyasachi Patra
05-01-2010, 01:28 AM
Jay,
Like Africa, you need a lifetime to visit all the Tiger Reserves, National Parks, Sanctuaries in India.

May till mid June is fine for some of the parks in North. Depending upon the dates, the visits to various places for tigers and other mega fauna can be planned. Is the last week of April available for India?

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Jay Gould
05-01-2010, 06:41 AM
Hi Sabyasachi,

First, thank you for resonding.

Regarding the last week in April, it can be made available if justified. :)

In Africa we are looking at the first two weeks of February in Tanzania with Roger Clark, and then Mar-April with Chris Van Rooyen for Kruger and Kgalagadi.

There is a lot more to see in Africa; as you have said, you can spend a lifetime in India.

What is special about the last week of April?

Cheers,

Sabyasachi Patra
05-02-2010, 02:10 AM
Hi Jay,
You have got some mouth watering stuff lined up in Africa.

The monsoon rains set early in Northeast as well as in Sundarbans. At times May becomes late for that. So I was thinking that the last week of April would have been better. Ofcourse, in these days of climate change, anything can happen at anytime. :)

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Harshad Barve
05-05-2010, 08:40 PM
Jay , I have sent you detail mail