PDA

View Full Version : Mother's Love

Troy Lim
04-28-2010, 10:55 PM
Wishing all the moms on here Happy Early Mother's Day.

Mom flew in and got on the stump and few mins later the owlet jumped up from the nest to join her. It was a tight space. At first, mom almost fell and then the owlet started to try to balance. After a while, mom started to do this to the owlet.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4065/4562252114_1899f3b988_o.jpg

Manual Metering
Exposure: 0.001 sec (1/1250)
Aperture: f/6.3
Focal Length: 700 mm
ISO Speed: 5000
Exposure Bias: +2/3 EV
Flash: No Flash

Markus Jais
04-28-2010, 11:40 PM
Great behavior very well captured. I like the fully open eyes of the juvenile. Only wish for a better angle.

Markus

Gerrie van Vuuren
04-28-2010, 11:51 PM
Lovely interaction capture with a high cuteness factor! Both birds nicely in focus wth sharp detail & good colours.:)

Troy Lim
04-29-2010, 06:38 AM
Great behavior very well captured. I like the fully open eyes of the juvenile. Only wish for a better angle.

Markus

Markus, you mean more eye level?
Thanks.

Troy Lim
04-29-2010, 06:39 AM
Lovely interaction capture with a high cuteness factor! Both birds nicely in focus wth sharp detail & good colours.:)

Gerrie,

Thank you.

Randy Stout
04-29-2010, 07:12 AM
Troy:

Very sweet interaction, and thanks for the story.
In perfect world, a more natural perch would be nice.
The color temp. is very warm, I assume this was very late or very early in the day?

Cheers

Randy

Troy Lim
04-29-2010, 07:54 AM
Troy:

Very sweet interaction, and thanks for the story.
In perfect world, a more natural perch would be nice.
The color temp. is very warm, I assume this was very late or very early in the day?

Cheers

Randy

Randy, thank you. I agree, but this was on the powerline/telephone pole.
This was shot at sunset, I believe around 7.30pm, hence the ISO 5K, as the sun just started to go down. I did not apply any saturation, that was how it came out of the camera.

Tom Graham
04-29-2010, 06:10 PM
How was the camera White-Balance set?
How the jpg image comes out of the camera depends on that WB setting and it can vary widely and wildly.

Tom

Troy Lim
04-29-2010, 07:23 PM
How was the camera White-Balance set?
How the jpg image comes out of the camera depends on that WB setting and it can vary widely and wildly.

Tom

I set to AutoWB.
I have a whole series of them and they are that warm. ;)

arash_hazeghi
04-29-2010, 07:45 PM
I like this one a lot, exposure is perfect and colors/WB are accurate given the time of day. great ISO performance too. TFS

Bill Foxworthy
04-30-2010, 06:26 PM
Hi Troy, I think I was with you when this was taken. I have one pretty close to this. Any way its a beauty and deserves recognition. If I remember right it was pretty late and this youngster left the nest shortly after, probably next day. I like it.
Bill

Troy Lim
04-30-2010, 06:34 PM
I like this one a lot, exposure is perfect and colors/WB are accurate given the time of day. great ISO performance too. TFS

Thank you Arash.

Troy Lim
04-30-2010, 06:36 PM
Hi Troy, I think I was with you when this was taken. I have one pretty close to this. Any way its a beauty and deserves recognition. If I remember right it was pretty late and this youngster left the nest shortly after, probably next day. I like it.
Bill

Bill, yes you were there. You left a bit early, I believed because your batter drained?
Too bad, I would have loved to see how Mark IV perform during the low light. ;)
See you around.