PDA

View Full Version : Ostrich

Roberto Betta
04-28-2010, 04:33 PM
I recall this being the last image photographed that day (late evening) before exiting the park. Photographed vertically and slightly cropped to the left for better composition. Your views and comments are appreciated as always!

Camera: Canon EOS-1D Mark III
Lens: Canon 600mm f/4L IS USM + Canon 1.4x II Extender
Focal Length: 840mm
Program: Aperture Priority
Aperture: f/5.6
ISO: 400
Shutter Speed: 1/1000
Exposure Compensation: 0
Support: Car door rest

Steve Canuel
04-28-2010, 08:48 PM
Nice shot. I like the warm light, the profile view, the grasses, and the road. Has a nice feel. Only thing I'd do is blend in the lighter tire tracks on the road.

Grant Atkinson
04-29-2010, 02:01 AM
Hi Roberto, I really liked the position of the neck and head with the warm colours of the grass behind, and the rimlighting that is emphasized. I always find ostrich hard to photograph well but you did a good job here. I did find the car tracks in the bottom right corner a bit distracting.
cheers
grant

Randy Stout
04-30-2010, 07:58 AM
Roberto:

From a tech. standpoint, I wish there was more detail visible in the bird, esp. the face.
From a story telling standpoint, I think it is a very effective image. Makes me feel he is walking home at the end of the day. Leading line of road effective. I appreciate the comment about the tire tracks, but for me personally, not a problem.

This is not a portrait, its a story telling image. Well done.

Randy

Roberto Betta
05-01-2010, 02:28 AM
Thanks very much everyone, appreciate all the feedback!