PDA

View Full Version : Barn 2

Anita Bower
04-28-2010, 02:54 PM
Went looking for barns to photographe in Lancaster County with Barbara Kile. This is a Lancaster County scene.

Ran through Topaz Adjust and Simplify, and applied several borrowed textures.

Christopher Miller
04-28-2010, 03:25 PM
Beautiful idyllic scene, Anita. Love the bright colors and watercolor-like feel. The only thing that bothers me a little is that the tree seems to kind of dominant the scene. I think if it was a little smaller in the frame, it would compete less with the barns and help the whole picture flow better. Just my opinion.

denise ippolito
04-28-2010, 03:48 PM
Anita, I think that the graduation in sizes of the main elements left to right makes this one work for me. I am not crazy about the shadows. I do love the soft painterly look to this and the way you have framed it.:)

Anita Bower
04-28-2010, 04:11 PM
Thank you Christopher and Denise. Your specific feedback is helpful. Landscapes are relatively new to me.

Patti Edens
04-29-2010, 06:16 AM
Anita,

I like this a lot. The soft painterly treatment creates a pastoral, gentle mood. I actually like the shadow of the tree and on the barn because it gives me a reference point for where the sun is. I like to always know that when I'm out just to ground me directionally.

Anita Bower
04-29-2010, 06:23 AM
Thank you, Patti. It is good to get diverse opinions.

Mark Fuge
04-29-2010, 07:27 AM
Nice image and application, Anita.

Like the soft feel of the image.

Cheryl Slechta
04-29-2010, 06:18 PM
Anita, I love the softness, the colors and the matting and framing really enhance the look. I agree with Christopher that the tree in the foreground is a little overpowering IMHO. Even a sliver off the top of the tree
might help. But it is a lovely image and it is the way it is in nature:)

Barbara Kile
04-29-2010, 06:43 PM
Hey, I love it, photo buddy! The tree is what it is - and those farms with the accompanying barns really sit far off the roads. Lovely painterly look to this. We wandered onto some property and nobody shot at us, so maybe we COULD have gotten closer! :D