PDA

View Full Version : Magnolia Warbler

D.J. McNeil
02-28-2008, 08:23 PM
WHat do you guys think? I saw this guy last year while we were eating lunch at Point Pelee National Park.
Canon Rebel XTi, 100-400mm

George DeCamp
02-28-2008, 09:04 PM
DJ

Magnolia Warblers are really pretty and wish they were around here more. I would crop it a little, lighten the bird and a little sharpening like this....his was quick and in fact I brightened it a little too much, you can do better but hope you get the idea;

http://decamp.net/bpn/djmcneil.jpg

Like I said a quick few steps but you can do it slower and more correct....but the idea is more bird in frame and brighter for the bird who is too dark in your image..

PS: One thing, please send a PM to Al Forns and give him your full name so we can fix your login. BPN prefers real names rather than "handles" hope you understand.

Brian Wong
02-28-2008, 09:26 PM
Welcome!

I like the repost by George. My next step is to try and deal with the bright highlights in the background leaves that I feel are leading my eyes away from the bird. Thanks for sharing!

Alfred Forns
02-28-2008, 09:34 PM
Agree Brian ... and also darkening the corners I like a little extra density on the corners It forces the eyes back inside

Gong after the little guys is a labor of love They are so difficult All you can do is work hard and pray for pleasing bg Would be good to include all the tech info When after the little guys I normally try to shoot wide open to minimize the bg clutter Focusing on the eye is extra important !!!

btw..... please send me your full name so I can do the update Trying to have all members with full names or two initials and last name !!! Thanks !!!