PDA

View Full Version : Young lions

Ignacio Yufera
04-28-2010, 01:00 PM
An old shot from Etosha NP, Namibia. This was shot on an overcast early morning, in very dim light; I'm surprised I got any sharpness at all. The poor light gives it such a monotone feel that I often wonder if a B&W conversion is in order.

Don't ask me why I used such a wide aperture; I guess I was trying to get both animals in focus, and most of the time they weren't parallel. Long time ago though...

Despite its technical limitations, this has proven quite popular as a large canvas print :D.

Canon 40D, 100-400 @ 170 mm, 1/250s f/9, ISO 400

Stu Bowie
04-28-2010, 01:57 PM
Ignacio, good playful behaviour, and the front lion is asking you if you got the shot - what a pose with great eye contact. We often wonder how we got to our older settings.

Todd Frost
04-28-2010, 04:47 PM
Nice moment captured. Love the look on the lead cubs face as well as the splayed paw. Wondering if you have tried boosting saturation and contrast at all. TFS
Todd

DanWalters
04-28-2010, 06:38 PM
Nice action. Really like the look the lion is giving you on the left.

Grant Atkinson
04-29-2010, 01:46 AM
Hi Ignacio, I really liked the eye contact, the paw, and the flying dirt around their paws...adds to feeling of action. You did well to catch a moment there. I agree with the others re a little more contrast and saturation. cheers
Grant

Harshad Barve
04-30-2010, 01:50 AM
excellent image , love the way rear cub is playing with tail of front cub , quite similar to tiger cubs behaviour
TFS