PDA

View Full Version : A King Sized bite- for a bit sized King

ARIJIT BANERJEE
04-28-2010, 05:47 AM
http://i842.photobucket.com/albums/zz341/arijit_2001/Small-Blue-Kingfisher-with-Fish.jpg

Pentax Kx, Pentax DA L 55-300mm, Kolkata, West Bnegal, India. April 2010

C & C requested.

Dan Woodward
04-28-2010, 06:47 AM
Love a bird with attitude. Nice colour & sharpness, good capture. Would prefer a darker BG & a little tighter
crop. It's a keeper

ARIJIT BANERJEE
04-28-2010, 06:52 AM
Love a bird with attitude. Nice colour & sharpness, good capture. Would prefer a darker BG & a little tighter
crop. It's a keeper

Thank you so very much Mr. Woodward. By tighter crop - I assume you mean cropping more closer to the bird?

Arijit

Randy Stout
04-28-2010, 07:10 AM
Arijit:

Nice catch for you and the KF. Excellent pose with good eye contact with bird and fish. Well exposed and sharp enough. Some noise creeping into the background. The out of focus vegetation in right lower corner is a bit distracting, not bad.

I do agree with Dan about cropping in around the bird a bit, to try and eliminate most of the large log to the left. Alternately you could darken the log a bit, if the image quality won't tolerate a tighter crop.

The perch is a bit massive for this little guy, and the hand of man elements a bit distracting, but the bird itself and catch carry the day!

Thanks for sharing.

Randy

ARIJIT BANERJEE
04-28-2010, 07:17 AM
Thanks Mr. Stout. I will try re-doing the image.

Arijit

Randy Stout
04-28-2010, 07:23 AM
Arijit:

We are all on a 1st name basis here, so Randy will do just fine!
Please always consider the critiques as just ideas. Doesn't mean that you always have to change an image if you have strong feelings about the original post. There can be lots of valid viewpoints. Sometimes you just have to trust your own vision!

Cheers

Randy

Don Hamilton Jr.
04-28-2010, 07:26 AM
Concur with the suggestions, was curious about the lower right tail area, was their a plant, or something in front of the tail? Beautiful kingfisher!
TFS
Don

ARIJIT BANERJEE
05-04-2010, 05:23 AM
Yes a small plant was there in front of the tail.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

regards,
Arijit