PDA

View Full Version : Anemone nemorosa in 2:1

Thomas Herou
04-27-2010, 01:43 PM
Finally the winter is over here in Scandinavia ( meaning less work for me) and I can get some time for
BPN again.Here's a spring-flower,very common in Sweden.

Pentax K10D,D.FA 50/2,8,2xTC,Ringflash.
Iso 100,1/90s,f/13,4

Roman Kurywczak
04-27-2010, 07:50 PM
Hey Thomas,
I'm ok with the DOF here but would have preferred a bit of the green base on the RH side as the curve on the left accentuates the stamen nicely. You have nice depth in the entire images which really helps this overall!

Julie Kenward
04-27-2010, 08:05 PM
Excellent macro, Thomas. I'm with Roman - I wish the green at the base were equal and balanced on both sides - that would put this over the top for me. There's a small piece of stem in the middle of the little buds that's lighter than the rest and is catching my eye. You might consider toning that little piece down just a bit so the eye keeps moving around the area. I really like how the DOF moves in and out...lovely image!

Thomas Herou
04-28-2010, 03:18 AM
Thanks,Roman and Julie!
You both have some points there,but it was not easy in this magnification,handholding.;)
They're still there,maybe I'll try some new shots this weekend.

Anita Bower
04-29-2010, 05:47 PM
I like that there are sharply focused and somewhat blurred anthers. Give the image depth. I like the curves of the petals at the bottom. Agree with Jules about that light bit of filament. Nice image.