PDA

View Full Version : Stream Cascade – Akaka Falls Park

Mark Fuge
04-27-2010, 09:07 AM
The following image was taken at Akaka Falls State Park on the Big Island of Hawaii. It is a small stream waterfall on the trail to Akaka Falls.

Modifications in PCS4 included; Ink Outline, Vibrance & Saturations, Hue & Saturation, Brightness & Contrast, Cut Out, Dry Brush, Palette Knife and Ink Outline. The frame was created by using wood patterns in our house that I photographed and made into the frame.

Enjoy!

denise ippolito
04-27-2010, 12:02 PM
Mark, It is definitely one of your signature styles. :) I like the framing you chose.

Cheryl Slechta
04-27-2010, 05:24 PM
Mark, it looks like a secret hideway. I like the way the green leaves frame the waterfall entrance. This works well with your technique. And the frame is clever:)

Mark Fuge
04-27-2010, 10:13 PM
Thanks Denise & Cheryl for viewing and comments. Appreciate it.

Mark, it looks like a secret hideway. I like the way the green leaves frame the waterfall entrance. This works well with your technique. And the frame is clever:)

In some ways I like these small cascades better than the big waterfalls. The gentle stream falling through the landscape with a soothing sound.

Decided to do something different with the frames for this theme and saw all the wood with nice grain through out house. It was fun and I got some interesting frames that you will see in the coming days. Stay tuned! ;)

Kerry Perkins
04-27-2010, 10:57 PM
Hi Mark - nice bold colors and I like the contrast of the black and white extremes of the water. Definitely a distinct style you have created.

Stu Bowie
04-28-2010, 12:32 AM
The painting scene is very creative Mark, and well done on the finish of your frame.

Mark Fuge
04-28-2010, 07:46 AM
Thanks Kerry & Stuart for viewing and comments. Appreciate it.

Patti Edens
04-29-2010, 06:54 AM
Mark, I like your angle of view and the bright green contrasted with the darkness surrounding the waterfall. The frame creation from real wood is a great idea and inspires me to go get more texture shots.

Patti

Mark Fuge
04-30-2010, 10:01 PM
Thank you Patti for viewing and comment. Appreciate it.