PDA

View Full Version : Peacock in flight

Nonnie Saran
04-27-2010, 08:44 AM
Took this shot in Bandhavgarh NP , India . It happened all so fast that I didn't even get a chance to check and change my camera settings . Just managed a couple of frames .
Camera - Canon 50D , Lens - 70-200 F4
ISO - 400 , Shutter speed - 1/200s , Taken HH

Deborah Hanson
04-27-2010, 10:49 AM
Beautifully done. The background blur adds much to the motion of the bird. I love the wing span, the tail, and the details of the bird. Colors from the background compliment the bird (or the other way around).
I'm surprised by the detail that you were able to capture with a shutter speed of 1/200. :)
Nice.
Deb

Colin Knight
04-27-2010, 03:50 PM
This is very well done, the first I've seen of a peacock in flight! I love the color and the blur.

Sidharth Kodikal
04-27-2010, 07:11 PM
Great job "panning" here!
Even though that may not have been the effect you were after, it works so well imo.
Yes, the bird is angled away and past you, but for this species what better way to capture all that magnificent plumage? Congratulations.

Hope you also get to take a more conventional sharp in-flight shot of this species.

sulasula
04-28-2010, 01:33 AM
Briliant! I like this kind ofpictures. The head is ouf of DOF, but I understand it is nearly impossible get the whole bird to DOF when flying "away".