PDA

View Full Version : Painted Ocean

denise ippolito
04-27-2010, 07:22 AM
Taken at Little Estero this Feb. I was taking some blurs of the water and liked this one so I added a Topaz Simplify filter to it. I think it was watercolor. Couldn't find a frame-but would love to know where Christopher got his;)

Christopher Miller
04-27-2010, 08:15 AM
Hi Denise, Love the simple feel to this. Very nice!

I created my frame myself by first selecting the area for the frame and then making it the layer mask for a color fill layer. I then added some layer effects to it using drop shadow, inner shadow, and pattern overlay. The mat was created in the same way with the same three layer effects, but with different settings for each. Hope this helps. If you'd like to know the exact settings I used for everything, I'd be happy to provide them. :)

Mark Fuge
04-27-2010, 08:29 AM
Nice image and application, Denise.

I would crop the bottom a little if it were mine, but ... as they say down south ... Your image ... Your vision! ;) :D

I have found a way to make frames, as well and will post them when my time is right. I don't mind the once a day posting, but wish it would be based on Midnight not on the minute of last posting, as the time keep shifting each day. But ... 30 minutes to go ... :confused:

As for the frame, I shot images of wood around the house the other day and have taken the images and created frames from our entertainment center, book shelves, wooden frames, etc. using a slice of the image and cutting miter corners and assembling them into frames. Hint, only use one slice and rotate it, saving each rotation for assembly.

Once sized, I copy the image and with pasting it pops into the frame center. Slight scale adjustment of the image in transform and ... done! ;) While a little work, I save them for future use and can resize the frame for any image. Hue & Saturation, Brightness and Contrast adjustment can give many interesting wood colors to each.

Just another way to have fun in CS4... :D

denise ippolito
04-27-2010, 08:54 AM
Thank you both for the help. Much appreciated.
Mark, If I take some off the bottom I feel the wave will be too centered and I am not fond of panos, but I see your point.

Roman Kurywczak
04-27-2010, 08:09 PM
Hey Denise,
Nice soft feel and it is very painterly! As you know....I'm not a huge fan of frames...so a simple 3 pixel black border would work fine for me. I am a fan of pano's....but in this case it would lose too much of the wonderful texture off the bottom for my tastes.....so keep the OP as is. Very nicely done!

denise ippolito
04-27-2010, 08:38 PM
Thank you Roman, I appreciate the kind words.

Barbara Kile
04-27-2010, 08:50 PM
Love the comp and the pastels, Denise. Great painting - simple and beautiful!

Kerry Perkins
04-27-2010, 10:48 PM
Denise, this reminds me of a style of painting that I have seen and enjoyed. Very nice!

Here is a link to some great frame tutorials and downloads - http://tinyurl.com/93tm4d

Stu Bowie
04-28-2010, 12:36 AM
Hi Denise, your comp works well as is, and I love the mood in this. You guys are so clever with your creative effects. Congrats.

denise ippolito
04-28-2010, 06:08 AM
Thank you all so much for your kind comments.
Kerry, Thanks for the link. Much appreciated. I see you are also using tiny url.