PDA

View Full Version : Tulip Macro

Anita Bower
04-27-2010, 04:59 AM
Nikon D300, Sigma 105mm macro, f36 (Relative), .80 sec., ISO 400, indoors, natural light, tripod, manual focus and exposure. PP in PS7. Applied slight buzz and crisp edges in Topaz. Is that allowed in this forum?

I'm being inspired by the fabulous images being posted!!!

denise ippolito
04-27-2010, 07:34 AM
Anita, I usually post Topaz stuff in OOTB. But that would be Jules' call for this forum. I like the softness and knowing that you used the filter I appreciate that softness more. Great lighting and colors.

Ken Childs
04-27-2010, 05:27 PM
That diagonal sharp line is a little too centered for my tastes but it's still a lovely image. I really love the colors!

Roman Kurywczak
04-27-2010, 07:45 PM
Hi Anita,
I'm a huge fan of bold colors....so this one definitely works for me. I'm ok with the line as it flows on the diagonal but I would consider blurring/smoothing the pale pink URC. Nicely done!

Julie Kenward
04-27-2010, 07:59 PM
Anita, if you feel this still represents an accurate portrayal of what you saw when you photographed it then buzz away. If you think it pushes it beyond "normal" then it goes in OOTB. (At least I think that's what we all decided back in January!)

Awesome image. AWESOME. Something you might try just to see if you like it is a surface blur over the entire thing...just a few pixels and a small threshold - it can even out the texture of the flower and make the flow seem flawless if the lighting is right. ;)

Christopher Miller
04-27-2010, 08:46 PM
Very, very nice, Anita. Beautiful abstract comp, and I absolutely love the colors! :)

Anita Bower
04-29-2010, 09:03 AM
Anita, if you feel this still represents an accurate portrayal of what you saw when you photographed it then buzz away. If you think it pushes it beyond "normal" then it goes in OOTB. (At least I think that's what we all decided back in January!)

Awesome image. AWESOME. Something you might try just to see if you like it is a surface blur over the entire thing...just a few pixels and a small threshold - it can even out the texture of the flower and make the flow seem flawless if the lighting is right. ;)

My memory of what we came up with in our January discussion is the same as yours. Glad to have it confirmed. This image is very similar to the original, which is why I posted it here.

I tried surface blur, but it didn't seem to do much unless the settings were high. Instead I added a slight gaussian blur layer and eliminated it from parts. Is this more what you had in mind?

One of the reasons I participate in the macro forum is for these suggestions that help me try out new post processing techniques.

Anita Bower
04-29-2010, 09:07 AM
Very, very nice, Anita. Beautiful abstract comp, and I absolutely love the colors! :)
Thanks! I love the colors, too.

Anita Bower
04-29-2010, 09:08 AM
Hi Anita,
I'm a huge fan of bold colors....so this one definitely works for me. I'm ok with the line as it flows on the diagonal but I would consider blurring/smoothing the pale pink URC. Nicely done!
Thanks! Jules had a similar suggestion. Is my repost closer to what you had in mind?

Anita Bower
04-29-2010, 09:09 AM
Thank you all for your comments!!!!

Julie Kenward
04-29-2010, 10:24 AM
Yes, that really takes it to another abstract level, doesn't it? Not it's less about the flower and more about the play of colors. Excellent work, Anita, both times!

Anita Bower
04-29-2010, 12:55 PM
Thanks, Jules.

Roman Kurywczak
04-29-2010, 03:15 PM
Hey Anita,
Works for me!

Susan Candelario
05-03-2010, 07:12 PM
Hi Anita,
Lovely abstract, comp. and colors from the get go. The additional PP definitely took it to higher level!
~Susan

Anita Bower
05-04-2010, 04:01 AM
Thank you for your comments, Susan and Roman.