PDA

View Full Version : Chipping Sparrow - full profile.

Daniel Cadieux
04-27-2010, 04:40 AM
This is the same individual I posted a couple of days ago. In the previous thread there was talk of wanting a bit more body turn to show more of a profile (which I fully agreed with). So, here is a full body turn showing a complete profile:). Although I prefer the overall "feel" to the previous post, this one shows much more pleasing colours and a great view of all of this species' fieldmarks.

P.S. same driveway/tree shadows serving as a backdrop as before...You never know where you can get pleasing backgrounds!:D

Canon 40D + 100-400L @365mm, aperture priority, evaluative metering, 1/400s., f/7.1, ISO 400, +0.7 EC, natural light, handheld, just about full frame (a bit of rock and left side cropped away).

Joe Senzatimore
04-27-2010, 06:24 AM
Beautiful pose,detail and BG and I like how the rock and the bg compliment the subject.

Stu Bowie
04-27-2010, 06:28 AM
Hi Dan, this does portray a better profile pose than your previous post. The colours do stand out against the BG, and I like the sharpness. I would maybe take a tad off the top.

Troy Lim
04-27-2010, 06:44 AM
Daniel,

I love the shot, but wonder if you have anymore room. It feels a bit too centered for me.

Don Lacy
04-27-2010, 04:12 PM
Hi Daniel, Lovely complimentary colors thru out the image and I find the perch interesting without being overpowering.

Doug Brown
04-27-2010, 07:48 PM
Nice pose, sharpness, and BG. Composition works fine for me. Nice image!

Randy Stout
04-27-2010, 08:53 PM
Daniel:

Very nicely constructed image, with good balance of masses, colors. sharp, well exposed. Like the detail of the rear talon showing so clearly.

For my taste, there is enough difference between the amount of space in front of the bill vs. that behind the tail, to avoid being too centered.

Cheers

Randy

Steve Canuel
04-27-2010, 09:44 PM
Nicely detailed and a very pleasing color combo for me. Nice job.

Rod Warnock
04-29-2010, 01:11 AM
Colur, definition and placement in frame so well done !! Do not knowm species but I expect this would be a great diagnostic image for identification to boot.
Best regards
Rod Warnock