PDA

View Full Version : Tulip Abstract

Aidan Briggs
04-26-2010, 05:52 PM
Leaves of a Tulip growing in my backyard. At first, I didn't really care for this image, but now it has grown on me. I would love to hear your opinions.

50D, 60mm macro
1/125 sec, f/2.8, ISO 640
Tripod, natural light

Bob Miller
04-26-2010, 06:59 PM
Hi Aidan...See what you mean about it growing on you...I had the same reaction. The swirls of green are lovely. I do wish that were some part of the image that was in sharp focus bu as it is I still likeit!

OvidiuCavasdan
04-27-2010, 02:40 AM
Very nice shapes, color tones and lightning. I like it a lot!

Anita Bower
04-27-2010, 05:12 AM
I agree with Bob's comments. The curves and composition are just great.

Stuart Frohm
04-27-2010, 06:36 AM
I agree with Anita and Bob.
Also, thanks very much for inspiring me to take a closer look at tulip leaves. So far this spring I have photographed a zillion tulip blooms while ignoring the possibility of photos of tulip foliage.
I did try photographing hostas after some nice photographs of hostas were posted in this thread, but I didn't make the leap to tulip foliage.

Roman Kurywczak
04-27-2010, 07:29 PM
Hey Aidan,
I too like the curves and for me the white lip sharp is enough. I would explore a crop.....from the middle of the copyright symbol up vertically......the ULC see ms a bit out of place and it just seems to pull the comp off the right for my tastes. Just a thought for you to try out.

Julie Kenward
04-27-2010, 07:48 PM
Way to go Aidan! Now that's looking outside the normal for the great stuff hidden in the greenery! For me, the bottom horizontal line is bugging me. If I scroll that part out of the image I love what's left - just the vertical lines going into the haze... Lovely soft greens here. I also think that white edge is sharp enough to hold my eye in the image. ;)

caseyargall
05-08-2010, 09:50 PM
Interesting photo, i read in my photo mag i get that i should use lines and this photo gives a great example why. Very nice.