PDA

View Full Version : Impressionistic Pelican

Cheryl Slechta
04-26-2010, 05:34 PM
More White Pelicans:) I used a DAP filter, Camille, with a Pisarro impressionistic version, then Nik Sunlight filter to
warm it up a bit. And of course, the frame.

Thanks for looking, comments and suggestions appreciated.

Patti Edens
04-26-2010, 05:40 PM
Cheryl,

Wow. The gold frame and the gold grasses work so well together. Composition is outstanding and I just love all the colors in the water. I knew I would like this one as soon as I saw the thumbnail. Beautiful work!

Patti

denise ippolito
04-26-2010, 06:08 PM
Cheryl, This really does look like a painting the way you have presented it. Very good thought to warm it up a bit and the gold frame really does add to the warmth you've created for a very nice look.

Christopher Miller
04-26-2010, 09:15 PM
Very lovely painting, Cheryl! Excellent pose and comp. Love the warm colors and lighting, and the gold frame complements it very nicely. :)

Mark Fuge
04-27-2010, 08:06 AM
Nice image and application, Cheryl.

Nice feel to the effects you used.

Kerry Perkins
04-27-2010, 10:36 PM
Hi Cheryl - the white pelican is about my favorite bird and this one is lovely! Excellent use of the DAP program. I have a hard time getting good results with it myself. As mentioned the complimenting gold colors of the frame really make for a superb image overall. Nice work on this!

Cheryl Slechta
04-28-2010, 06:13 PM
Kerry, I followed Dave Phillip's tip that DAP would do nicely with a 1200-1600px input image so I used a jpeg instead of a TIFF, and render at 10mpx, usually 8K-12K strokes when you use Benson and Monet. The funny thing is I had lost that tip (written on a scrap of paper) and found it last week while I was cleaning up my computer room:eek: