04-26-2010, 03:25 PM
hi:)

http://up.iranblog.com/Files/e299e39e488f4bde8fa7.jpg

Jeroen Wijnands
04-27-2010, 05:25 AM
That's very, very blue! Do like the lines though

Dave Mills
04-27-2010, 10:03 AM
Hi, in the future it would be helpful to list the shooting specs for the image. It would aid us in seeing exactly how you handled the image.
The comp looks like an HDR due to it's tonality which can be pleasing. Due to the merge on the right(of the large rocks) they seem to blend together not giving any separation.
The sky has some interest but might have given a bit more room to the bottom of the image.

roovigital
04-27-2010, 04:00 PM
thanks dave
this is a HDR picture with 9 shot
d300 16-85 at 16 mm - f11 - iso 200 -1/60sec
Province Ilam in iran , Winter 2009, regional Meymak name, zero-point boundary with iraq
This regional is one of the areas at Saddam's war against my country so This regional is a bitter reminder of events in my country
In this area one of the brave Iranian army helicopter pilots destroyed a great number of Saddam's army tanks alone (do not remember the exact number) and the end his helicopter was hit and he was martyr
Although this image is not inspire visitors to these concepts, I just wanted to tell a history of this region
by the way behind this Mountains the united states army are deployed now

i apologize it looks my english is Terrible

Dave Mills
04-27-2010, 04:34 PM
Do not apologize. Your English is very understandable.
Interesting to see images of natural settings in Iran. Don't see much of that here...

Roman Kurywczak
04-27-2010, 04:51 PM
Hi Roovi,
Thanks for the specs! It just helps us evaluate an image better! Dave's critique is right on.....and now with the specs it is confirmed that it is an HDR.....I want to offer some possible PP'ing help......try selectively dodging and burning some areas to give greater depth to the scene and get more seperation in all the formations......this will jsut help strengthen the image even more. It is very nice to see images most of us haven't visited! Perhaps one day!

Colin Knight
04-27-2010, 09:02 PM
Roman, I wish you would put your words above in to action. Can you show us what you mean by dodging and burning for more separation? It would be great to see what you mean visually in a repost. Some of us, like me, aren't quite as quick with this kind of thing. ;)

Roovi, this looks great to my eye. Wonderful colors, a dynamic sky and a strong composition. I saw some of your other work very recently here too, it was impressive. Thanks for sharing! Keep it up.