PDA

View Full Version : Question on Downloader Pro

Guerry Dalrymple
02-28-2008, 04:36 PM
I'm using Downloader Pro and would like to include some additional info in the folder name with the date. I thought I set it up to name the folder with the date then ask for a Job Title like the location of the shoot. I thought it was by adding {J} in the string and telling it to "Prompt for Job code". Then I would type in a location or what ever. It doesn't work that way. The folder is named with the month day and year followed by {J} and doesn't promt for the job code.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks
Guerry:confused:

Bob Ettinger
02-28-2008, 06:45 PM
Try adding {o} in addition to the "J". Then I get the following. I store the images in D:\Digital Images. The rest comes from the setup. The job code is "Somers NY". Also try using the "show tokens" it really explains the requirements.

D\Digital Images\02-28-2008\IMG_0123 Somers, NY.JPG

Judd Patterson
02-28-2008, 06:46 PM
Guerry, it sure sounds like you are doing it right. I just tried it myself following the steps in the help file and it worked fine (I was prompted and I could type in a bit of text): To do this run Downloader Pro and select "Preferences" from the "File" menu. Then edit the download path to include the {J} token and select the "Prompt for Job code every time Downloader is run"

I would first double-check that you are using the right brackets. Also after you place the {J} in the directory path, I would click Ok and exit Downloader Pro. Reopen the program and try to download the photographs again...I get prompted for a Job Code and I hope you do too!

Best,

-Judd

Guerry Dalrymple
02-29-2008, 04:26 PM
Here is what I have in the Downloader path fields:

Download Directory:
C:\A A A Digital Images\A A A Downloaded Images\{b}{D}{y}{J}

File Name:
{o}{J}

Job code {J}:
{J}

This is what I get:

Folder in AAA Digital Images\AAA Downloaded Images\Jan0108{J}

File names:
IMG_0416{J}

I checked the Prompt square but no prompt. Am I just dumb or is something not working on my machine?

Thanks Guys:confused:

Robert Amoruso
02-29-2008, 10:10 PM
Guerry

You have the Job code {J}: field set to {J}. That's why this is showing up in the the file name. The Job Code is a variable that you can set on the fly by having "Prompt for Job Code everytime..." checked. When you are prompted, you type in something meaningful to you about the images - like the species or location, etc.

If you are in Preferences, then you could place the code code in that field then as well. You will only be prompted for the Job Code when you run DLPro. If it is already running and you chose to open a card or plug a new card in, then it will not prompt and you will have to go to the "Preferences" menu to input a Job Code.

For example, here is how I have mine set-up.

Download Directory:
F:\Digital Images_Location\{J}\{Y}\{m}-{D}-{y}

File Name:
{o}_{J}_{m}-{D}-{y}

Job Code:
VieraWetlands

What I get:
F:\Digital Images_Location\VieraWetlands\2008\02-29-08\IMG_0123_VieraWetlands_02-29-08.CR2