PDA

View Full Version : Sunset

Manvir Randhawa
04-26-2010, 03:59 AM
http://gallery.manvirrandhawa.com/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=7599&g2_serialNumber=2

<table class="gbDataTable"><tbody><tr><td class="gbEven">Make </td> <td class="gbOdd"> Canon </td> <td class="gbEven"> Model </td> <td class="gbOdd"> Canon EOS 7D </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="gbEven"> Aperture Value </td> <td class="gbOdd"> f/16 </td> <td class="gbEven"> Color Space </td> <td class="gbOdd"> sRGB </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="gbEven"> Exposure Bias Value </td> <td class="gbOdd"> 0 EV </td> <td class="gbEven"> Exposure Program </td> <td class="gbOdd"> Manual </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="gbEven"> Flash </td> <td class="gbOdd"> No Flash </td> <td class="gbEven"> Focal Length </td> <td class="gbOdd"> 135 mm </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="gbEven"> ISO </td> <td class="gbOdd"> 200 </td> <td class="gbEven"> Metering Mode </td> <td class="gbOdd"> Multi-Segment </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="gbEven"> Shutter Speed Value </td> <td class="gbOdd"> 1/660 sec </td> <td class="gbEven">
</td> <td class="gbOdd">
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

Roman Kurywczak
04-26-2010, 02:31 PM
Hi Manvir,
Being that the brightest area is in the center, my eye is having a difficult time exploring the rest of the scene. When composing images including the sun it is often best to offset it a bit. It may have also been more effective to isolate one of the palm fronds with the sun as the LH side of the frame is a bit disconnected. I also want to mention that when you are composing......pay special attention to the frame edges for objects protruding into the frame.....if they aren't adding to the scenee, try moving around a bit or even getting a touch lower to eliminate them. Sometimes moving just a foot or two makes a big difference. Looking forward to seeing more of your images.

Dave Mills
04-26-2010, 11:54 PM
Hi Manvir, Great advice by Roman and all I would add that I would crop out the small tree on the very left. Very often there are more ways than one to shoot a subject. This was an interesting enough scene to play with.