PDA

View Full Version : Ordesa y Monte Perdido National Park

Tomas Calle
04-25-2010, 03:00 PM
Hi,

This picture is taken in Spain, at Ordesa y Monte Perdido National Park last fall. Comments and advices will be welcome.

1D MARK III, EF 24-105 mm f/4 IS USM, 1/5 sec, f/22, ISO 100, tripod

Roman Kurywczak
04-25-2010, 07:15 PM
Hi Tomas,
The composition here is very good although I am debating a crop off bottom(1/2 the larger rock) and left (blue on left of rock) to help the comp. Overall the image appears a bit too cyan/blue and the colors flat. What did you use for post processing? A few of the whites look too hot/blown also.....which probably happened in post processing. All in all nicely composed but this one needs a PP'ing rework.

Dave Mills
04-25-2010, 07:48 PM
Hi Tomas, I like your choice of composition but agree with Roman regarding the cyan caste.

Ed Cordes
04-25-2010, 10:06 PM
Overall nice comp, but I would crop some from the bottom. There is definitely too much cyan. The image has an overall look of over processing. I would open the original and try again with gentle adjustments.

Tomas Calle
04-26-2010, 02:55 PM
Thank you for your comments and advices. I processed the image in a laptop, I think it isnīt calibrated.

Best regards from Spain.

daniel valovich
05-05-2010, 07:44 AM
Hello Tomas,
A faster shutter speed when the water is moving so fast won't blow out the whites. Bracketing is also a good fudge factor if your in no hurry.