PDA

View Full Version : Bridge at Derwent water......

Tom Dolezal
04-25-2010, 09:19 AM
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u314/erding/Landscape/_69I7894.jpg

Another evening shot from a recent visit to Derwent lake in the Lake District of England.

Technical: Canon 1Ds Mk3, Canon 16-35 Mk2,, focal length 16mm, f/16, 1/4 sec, ISO 200, -1 EV, AV mode, Lee 3 stop ND hard grad, Lee 3 stop ND.

C&C always welcome.

Thank you for looking.

Dave Mills
04-25-2010, 09:31 AM
Hi Tom, I like your use of a leading line along with a tight composition. Your exposure is good even seeing some detail in the distant mountains.To my eye the image also conveys a somber mood which I like. I realize you couldn't do anything about it but I would of preferred not seeing the scrub on the waters edge. IMO it breaks up the view...

Roman Kurywczak
04-25-2010, 11:28 AM
Hi Tom,
This scene definitely conveys a dark and somber mood. The split ND dakened the sky and corners a bit too much for me...but a small bit of lightening of the mountain and outside edges of sky.....may bring a bit of needed seperation from those bushes Dave mentioned. Just small tweaks to a nicely composed image.

Colin Knight
04-27-2010, 08:57 PM
Techs already addressed much better than I could...

I love the leading lines of the handrails and the dynamic sky!

Thanks for sharing!

Tom Dolezal
04-29-2010, 09:44 AM
Hi Tom, I like your use of a leading line along with a tight composition. Your exposure is good even seeing some detail in the distant mountains.To my eye the image also conveys a somber mood which I like. I realize you couldn't do anything about it but I would of preferred not seeing the scrub on the waters edge. IMO it breaks up the view...

Cheers for your comments Dave - wanted a moody feel to the scene hence the dark tones. As I didn't have a chainsaw in the bag itd a question of living with the scrub :D

Tom Dolezal
04-29-2010, 09:46 AM
Hi Tom,
This scene definitely conveys a dark and somber mood. The split ND dakened the sky and corners a bit too much for me...but a small bit of lightening of the mountain and outside edges of sky.....may bring a bit of needed seperation from those bushes Dave mentioned. Just small tweaks to a nicely composed image.

Thanks for your comments and interesting suggestion - will look into that.

Tom Dolezal
04-29-2010, 09:47 AM
Techs already addressed much better than I could...

I love the leading lines of the handrails and the dynamic sky!

Thanks for sharing!

Thank you for your comments - much appreciated.