PDA

View Full Version : Pile of Scrap Metal- HDR

Bob Miller
04-24-2010, 08:25 PM
Hi Everyone ...this is my first posting in this forum!

This is a 3 exposure HDR of a pile of scrap metal left in a boat yard.
Nikon D-300
base exposure was >.8 sec at f16- bracketed +_1 stop/ photomatix
50 mm lense
ISO 200

denise ippolito
04-24-2010, 08:40 PM
Bob, Big welcome to OOTB. Very interesting first post. I like HDR work and this is a nice abstract of color and forms. I love the nails/screws!!:)

Ed Vatza
04-25-2010, 05:55 AM
Not sure it fits the definition of this forum but if its good enough for Denise, its fine by me! Old rusted metal almost always makes for cool HDR subjects. There is something about the colors and textures that bring a new life to old things. (Hey maybe I should try some HDR self-portraits! :D) I actually think you could have pushed this image a little harder and more toward the "illustration" feel. I often like to play with tonal contrast in Nik on HDR images.

denise ippolito
04-25-2010, 06:46 AM
Bob, Ed is right, This really doesn't fit the "nature" part of the forum and should probably be posted in F&F but I was tired and must have missed it and it won't hurt just this time. Anyway I love to see HDR work so if you could look for nature based images and keep posting in OOTB that would be great!!:) I almost bought that program but George Lepp said that CS5 will give that program a run for the money and since I will be upgrading anyway I thought I'd wait.