PDA

View Full Version : LR3.2 Beta use?

Rocky Sharwell
04-24-2010, 01:20 PM
I was curious to see if anyone had used LR3.2 beta much? I played with a bit today on my laptop. My initial reaction after playing around a bit is the the noise reduction had been improved....

Garry Gibson
04-25-2010, 08:11 AM
No question about it. With my shots from my 7D I can make a small change in the luminance slider and get
rid of most of the noise with very little loss of sharpness. So far so good with LR3.

Alfred Forns
04-25-2010, 02:46 PM
Hi Rocky The noise reduction and sharpening have been improved greatly !!! Also it is great from printing, no need to take the image to PS .. just go directly !! Even 2.x was a great product and this has raised the bar !!

Desmond Chan
04-25-2010, 04:40 PM
Hi Rocky The noise reduction and sharpening have been improved greatly !!!

Some even suggest there's no need to use third-party NR software anymore. True?

LR, ACR, largely the same animal :)

Ed Cordes
04-25-2010, 08:49 PM
Interesting discussion. I was kind of planing to upgrade to LR 3 when it is off beta. However I was wondering if it would be compatible with CS4. In other words if I upload from "Develop" will CS4 accept it or will it tell me that the RAW converters are not compatible?

Garry Gibson
04-26-2010, 07:11 AM
Ed I am just an average user but what I do is export it as a TIFF and I have had no problem.

Jamie Strickland
04-26-2010, 09:16 AM
Ed you can run both LR 2 and Beta 3 on the same PC ;) it doesnt change anything from LR2 as long as you dont open up your catalog

I just told the beta to import my photos from disk, or I guess you could make a copy of the LR2 database and use that to import everything

I have not tested it with CS4 but I would be amazed if it didnt work

LouBuonomo
04-26-2010, 12:12 PM
If the converters are of differnet levels it will ask if you want LR to render.. I use LR2 & 4 with CS4 without problems.... LR3 looks like it is going to real nice

Linwood Ferguson
05-02-2010, 07:57 PM
Two notes on running LR2 and LR3 together, at least in Windows you cannot open both simultaneously (e.g. to compare), and if you save updates in the XMP files, be sure to do your experimenting on a copy of your files, as the XMP's will propagate edits between the two versions (or may depending on what you do).

I've used LR3B2 quite a bit, and vastly prefer the new NEF conversion process, however one thing people should realize is that it is very, very different. As soon as you switch the process from old to new, plan on re-editing most of the adjustments. It does not convert as-is. New is better, but you have to edit.

I've decided to start using LR3 for real work (taking care to save my work a lot, and use XMP's).