PDA

View Full Version : Galahs (Eolophus roseicapillus)

Rod Warnock
04-24-2010, 09:12 AM
Galahs (Eolophus roseicapillus) Bowra Station near Cunnamulla Queensland
Canon EOS 40D Lens 100-400mm L IS USM at 400 mm ISO 400 F7.1 1/320sec no flash 9 April 2010

Just back from a 21 day trip which included a few days at Bowra Station just north of Cunnamulla SW Queensland. This image of a pair of Galahs taken at the famed Bowra Billabong which was almost dry despite the abundance of water elsewhere. This pair landed to drink but were too high of the water stretch down for a drink and after a few moments fidgeting around afforded a dorsal and a ventral view before one landed in the shallow water to drink. Taken a few minutes before the late afternoon sun went down. Best regards
Rod Warnock

Arthur Morris
04-24-2010, 04:06 PM
Love the front and back views, the soft light, and the wonderful birds that are both sharp. BKGR is just so-so with a bit too much detail for me... Same with the right foreground stuff....

Steve Canuel
04-24-2010, 07:14 PM
Beautiful birds, nice light, and I like the front and back views.

Leo Berzins
04-24-2010, 10:49 PM
Wonderful image Rod. Male and female, front and back views, sharp, nice soft low angle light.
I don't mind the background but I'd prefer to see it cropped a little at the bottom to remove the horizontal grey lines (fence perhaps?).

Rod Warnock
04-25-2010, 02:31 AM
Thank you all for your comments.
Arthur: I wondered about the BG but then left as is will try removing some of the OOF grass etc.
Leo: The horizontal grey lines are water sheen from the remant waterhole which the Galahs were to drink from. Must admit I toyed with removing them.
Steve: Thanks also for you supportive comments.
Best regards
Rod Warnock