PDA

View Full Version : Mono Lake pano

Kerry Perkins
04-23-2010, 11:00 PM
Hi all,

This was taken in 2003 with a Sony Cybershot 1.5MP P&S. It is a stitch of five images taken from the overlook to the north of Mono Lake in California. Did some adjustments with Topaz Adjust 4.

denise ippolito
04-24-2010, 05:03 AM
Nice work Kerry. I like the careful framing with the railing riding the edge just enough to draw you in. Nice dramatic sky and the scene is lovely. The vignette? in the ULC is maybe a tiny bit dark. I might also clone the bush? that is on the edge in the LRC if it were mine. Very nice processing and you really have a beautiful wall hanger here.:)

Julie Kenward
04-24-2010, 07:28 AM
I really like the technique and really don't like the crop. For me, it's too 1/2 blue and 1/2 green; would prefer to see it 2/3 green and 1/3 blue. Also, I feel like the dip in the middle leaves me feeling like the bottom has fallen out of the image. Probably just the way I'm looking at it... Let's see what the others think.

Indranil Sircar
04-24-2010, 09:38 AM
Hi Kerry, very nice view and this has a HDR feel to it... Nicely stitched and processed. I think it may need a small cw rotation. To Julies point, I think with the road being cut-off in the middle, makes it feel the like the bottom fallen out of the image.

Nicki Gwynn Jones
04-24-2010, 02:25 PM
Hi Kerry,
Beautiful pano crop. I might be tempted to crop it about a third of the way up, to have more sky than land. I realise that this would render the image very thin, but I really love the sky.
Best,
Nicki

Kerry Perkins
04-24-2010, 05:24 PM
Thanks for your thoughts everyone! I knew the comp wasn't optimal, but it is essentially as shot with no room for cropping unless I wanted just a sliver of image. :) I hope no pixels fell out of the bottom!! :eek:

Christopher Miller
04-24-2010, 08:46 PM
Nice pano, Kerry. I like the colors. Personally I'm with Nicki on wanting to have more sky.

Julie Brown
04-25-2010, 03:29 PM
Beautiful sky, Kerry. I love the pano. This is one of my favorite scenes, and I have often stopped at this overlook, driving down 395 from Reno, to visit friends in Lee Vining.