1/6"
F2.8
ISO: 100
Exposure comp +2
LR & CS3
Shot indoors with natural window light.

Julie Kenward
04-23-2010, 07:33 PM
Love this, Ken! Love that one little perfectly sharp point! If you look closely you'll see that the darker colors are almost too saturated. You might try a screen layer over the top and then drop it down to something like 20% and see what you think. Another thing to try would be a surface blur over the top of everything - that can even out the little bit of light blotchiness that these types of images get.

For the comp, I think I would consider taking the area on the left side off where the darker stripe comes down the frame.

Christopher Miller
04-23-2010, 08:20 PM
Very beautiful, Ken! Like Jules said, that one sharp point is perfect. Love the color and composition looks fine to me as is.

Roman Kurywczak
04-23-2010, 08:24 PM
Hey Ken,
One day I'll give these shallow DOF's a go......you did very well with the selective focus! For me....besides the vert line Jules mentioned.....there is a football shaped area in the whish area on the right......smoothing that will also help put the finishing touch on a very nicely composed image.

Vida van der Walt
04-24-2010, 02:25 AM
Love the shades of apricot Ken. A beautiful, dreamy image.:)

Gail Spitler
04-24-2010, 10:26 AM
The lines in the URC area really make this image for me. They are akin to a buried treasure you discover as you enjoy the whole image.
Very, very nice
Cheers
Gail

Anita Bower
04-24-2010, 01:17 PM
Beautiful colors and great selective focus. I would suggest taking some off the left as Jules mentioned, and maybe a bit off the top, so that the point of focus isn't smack in the middle.

Ken Childs
04-24-2010, 05:51 PM
How's this look? A different crop and it's been lightened up slightly.

Anita Bower
04-25-2010, 05:29 AM
Ken: I would take a bit more off the left side along the line where it is darker at the top. This will place the point in the 1/3 position and eliminate the areas on the left that don't have detail. Just my opinion.

Stuart Frohm
04-25-2010, 07:54 AM
It is difficult — probably impossible — for me to choose between the original presentation and the revised one.
They are beautiful.