PDA

View Full Version : Merced

Indranil Sircar
04-23-2010, 04:29 PM
This is the view of the Merced river from top of Vernal Falls in Yosemite. This is in early spring with the mist formed at the base of Vernal relatively low... I wish the rainbow were more prominent here! I went for a square crop and applied a tiny bit of Topaz simplify to make it a bit dramatic. Hope you like it... your c&c will be appreciated.

Mark Fuge
04-23-2010, 04:34 PM
Nice image and application, Indranil.

I like the effects.

I might have cropped it a little differently, depending on the full frame you may have. I would have tried to rotate it slightly CW so the flow was coming out of the BLC to the TRC of the frame. That would have required more image at the bottom and a shift to the left of the falls. But ...

Your image ... your vision.

Then again, I wouldn't have hung over the falls to get it!! :eek: :D

Arthur Morris
04-23-2010, 06:23 PM
It is quite dramatic! I especially love the way the treatment affected the water and the flat rocks.

Julie Kenward
04-23-2010, 07:02 PM
Agree with Arthur - it is very dramatic and the simplify really did a great number on the water! I can see why you wish the rainbow were more prominent - that would have really pushed this one over the top.

I find myself wondering what the image would look like if the left side were a little bit lighter, especially the light green area right next to the water. I like that it's darker near the edge of the frame but wouldn't mind seeing a little more contrast in the greens at the base of the falls.

Really great processing, Indranil!

denise ippolito
04-24-2010, 04:59 AM
Indranil, Very dramatic indeed. I like the perspective and I can't help but think the hint of rainbow draws the viewer in for a closer look. Nice use of the filter.:)

Indranil Sircar
04-24-2010, 09:06 AM
Mark, Artie, Julie, Denise, thanks so much for the comments. Appreciate it a lot.

Mar, I did try few other rotation and crops but did not come out as well for lack of canvas.

Julie, you are correct on the contrast on the left. Here is a repost...

Nicki Gwynn Jones
04-24-2010, 02:27 PM
Indranil, I like the repost - very dramatic and I am drawn to all the different textures in the image. Nice work :)
Best,
Nicki

Kerry Perkins
04-24-2010, 06:01 PM
Very nice work here Indranil! I can almost hear the sound of the water and the rainbow is fantastic. Love the precipitous view as well!!