PDA

View Full Version : Foam Flower

Anita Bower
04-23-2010, 06:48 AM
A little native growing in my garden. I cut these 3 flowers and brought them indoors to photograph.

Nikon D300, Sigma 105mm macro, f40 (Relative), 2 sec., ISO 160, center weighted metering, manual expsure, manual focus, tripod, natural light, indoors. PP: PS7, brought out some details in Topaz Adjust. BG is handmade paper.

Wish the stems came into the frame more evenly, either all three together or all three separate, but this is the best I could do.

Comments and critiques appreciated.

denise ippolito
04-23-2010, 10:47 AM
Anita, I love the composition and the curved stems. The BG paper is a nice touch. Lovely image.

OvidiuCavasdan
04-23-2010, 11:27 AM
I like your composition, delicate flowers and BG is excellent! Setting the stems as we wish is very difficult sometimes, but you did a nice job!

Julie Kenward
04-23-2010, 05:34 PM
I love the position of the stems as well. You have separation at the top and bottom on the two - and the curved lines add to the comp IMO. I also like the choice of BG's - it very much compliments the flower. Great job on the whites - they feel just right!

Anita Bower
04-23-2010, 05:40 PM
Thank you Jules, Ovidu and Denise!

Kaushik Balakumar
04-23-2010, 06:46 PM
Love the colour combination of the flowers against the BG.
Each stem curving elegantly towards the (different) corners of the frame looks aesthetic.

Anita Bower
04-23-2010, 07:21 PM
Thank you, Kaushik. Glad you like it.

Roman Kurywczak
04-23-2010, 08:13 PM
Hi Anita,
Very nicely composed and very cool BG that compliments this nicely!

Christopher Miller
04-23-2010, 08:43 PM
I agree, very nice composition and BG. Love it! :)

Gail Spitler
04-24-2010, 10:34 AM
I like the composition including the stems. The total color palette works beautifully.
Very, very nice.
If I had any suggestion at all, I might want a little less negative space in the UR.
Cheers
Gail

Anita Bower
04-24-2010, 11:31 AM
I like the composition including the stems. The total color palette works beautifully.
Very, very nice.
If I had any suggestion at all, I might want a little less negative space in the UR.
Cheers
Gail
Thank you. I could crop it a bit top and right side. I'll see what it looks like. I appreciate the suggestion.

John Chardine
04-25-2010, 06:43 AM
Nice warm light and composition Anita. Great flower- never seen it before. Not easy to change here perhaps but the only thing I might try to do is eliminate the slight overlap of flowers of the two lower stems.

Anita Bower
04-25-2010, 07:57 AM
Nice warm light and composition Anita. Great flower- never seen it before. Not easy to change here perhaps but the only thing I might try to do is eliminate the slight overlap of flowers of the two lower stems.
Thanks, John. Separating those little flowers proved too difficult, or, I ran out of patience trying to do it. :-)