PDA

View Full Version : Signal hill

Peter Coskun
04-22-2010, 10:22 PM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4066/4542199231_9a5092b2d8_o.jpg

These are the signal hill petroglyph's in saguaro national park in Tucson Arizona. They are said to be around 800 years old and were carved by the Hohokam people. Decided to take a break from birds and get some landscape shots in lately. Let me know what you think?
Canon eos 7d
Canon 17-40L f/4 @ f/16
40mm
1/80th sec
iso 200

Dave Mills
04-23-2010, 08:18 AM
Hi Peter, I like your composition with a very interesting foreground. The Petroglyphs give the image a story which adds to the overall. Nice lighting and if a GND filter was used would have brought out the clouds more....

Peter Coskun
04-23-2010, 05:01 PM
Hi Peter, I like your composition with a very interesting foreground. The Petroglyphs give the image a story which adds to the overall. Nice lighting and if a GND filter was used would have brought out the clouds more....

Thank you, one of my next purchases will actually be a GND filter...However it was extremely windy and shook the tripod pretty good.

Kaushik Balakumar
04-23-2010, 06:44 PM
Interesting composition.
Some contrast enhancement might help.

Roman Kurywczak
04-23-2010, 08:04 PM
Hey Peter,
Like Dave mentioned.....and as you know....the plit nd would help.....but you could also try a multiplied layer on the sky and a levels adjusment layer on the mountains.....this small tweak will act similar to a split and bring this very nice comp to its full potential!

Peter Coskun
04-24-2010, 01:11 AM
Hey Peter,
Like Dave mentioned.....and as you know....the plit nd would help.....but you could also try a multiplied layer on the sky and a levels adjusment layer on the mountains.....this small tweak will act similar to a split and bring this very nice comp to its full potential!

I was hoping to try some slight HDR work but it was extremely windy and my tripod was not as stable as I wished.