PDA

View Full Version : Raven on a Rock

Steve Canuel
04-22-2010, 09:41 PM
High, late afternoon clouds filtered the sun for this one. Had trouble with color casts with this one. 40D, 400DO, f4.5, 1/800s, ISO 400, -1/3 EC, handheld, cropped a little on top and bottom.

Todd Frost
04-22-2010, 09:50 PM
Colors look good on my end. Good sharpness. Nice to make images of the less glamorous creatures sometimes. TFS
Todd

Stu Bowie
04-23-2010, 09:33 AM
Hey Steve, the raven sure is giving you the full eye contact here. Excellent work on the blacks, and I like the multi coloured BG. If you had a colour cast, its seems to have been sorted, as those blacks look natural.

Arthur Morris
04-23-2010, 04:40 PM
Love the pink rock and the curious stare. Detail in the blacks is perfect and the feathers look crisp and sharp. The BKGR are sweet too.

It bugs me that we cannot see the detail on the shaded side of the bird's face, his left. After making this one and a few more I would have tried moving to my left and hope that he kept staring at me :)

I like his ruff!

Dave Leroy
04-23-2010, 04:45 PM
A good looking bird Steve.
I like the nice treatment of the blacks.
Very nice perch and bg.
From the look of some of the feathers, it would seem bird just had a bath.

Steve Canuel
04-23-2010, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the comments everyone.

Todd,
Certainly not glamourous but as I'm sure you know, a resourceful and intelligent survivor. Cool to watch them tumble on the wind currents of cliff edges up in the mountains.
Artie,
I got about a dozen shots before he left. Got one profile after this before he flew away.
Dave,
He came out of the woods and I too thought he look a little fluffy. Maybe he's got a secret water hole.