PDA

View Full Version : Attack of the Water Orbs!

Roman Kurywczak
04-22-2010, 08:21 PM
You may recognize this flower.....Denise shot it a few threads below with the puddle.....but this is what we were experimenting with along with good friend and fellow photographer Bill Ruppel. This was my first attempt with drops and flower reflections.....they looked like little UFO's to us.....but thought they loked pretty cool! I did remove a ton of flash highlights from the drops......debated leaving them in for a while but went with removal route. Always exploring some different stuff....always made more more fun with creative friends!
Canon 1D Mark lll with the Sigma 180mm macro at f29 for 1/80 sec HH at ISO 800 and the flash at minus 1/3.....all done in camera minus flash highlight removal. Pane of glass, black mat board BG.

denise ippolito
04-22-2010, 09:05 PM
Roman, These were lots of fun to do and I have a million ideas floating around now. I like how your orbs make the image look 3 dimensional.

OvidiuCavasdan
04-23-2010, 11:20 AM
Really like your UFOs and the mother ship too, it has a 3D space feel! Very nice ideea and very well done!

Arthur Morris
04-23-2010, 06:44 PM
This one rocks. Is it right out of camera? Are the floating spaceship water droplets?

Roman Kurywczak
04-23-2010, 08:08 PM
Thanks all! Yes Artie....all in camera (except flash clean up)....and yes the spaceship are water droplets with the flower approximately 3 inches below the glass. Rain X is a car windshield product (works great BTW) and it helps the water bead up nicely.

Vida van der Walt
04-24-2010, 02:07 AM
Roman this is very interesting and they do look like little spaceships.:) It seems you a Denise are having lots of fun with all your creative ideas.

Arthur Morris
04-24-2010, 04:20 AM
Thanks all! Yes Artie....all in camera (except flash clean up)....and yes the spaceship are water droplets with the flower approximately 3 inches below the glass. Rain X is a car windshield product (works great BTW) and it helps the water bead up nicely.

Thanks. It's the flower below the glass that had me confused!

Thomas Herou
04-27-2010, 06:45 AM
I love this!
Very nice colors and the dof is perfect!