Gary Esman
04-22-2010, 06:53 PM
Hello, practicing with perches.

50D, 500mm, iso 500, f/9, 1/640.

All comments appreciated!

Gary.

Arthur Morris
04-22-2010, 08:23 PM
Bird and perch killer. Shame on your for almost clipping the bottom leaves... Added canvas bottom, crown and bill clean-up, a bit of eye doctor, and lighten the whole thing. Also a 10% blue Photo Filter to soften the yellow a bit.

Image quality superb for a 100kb file.

Arthur Morris
04-22-2010, 08:25 PM
Loved the image so much that I spent more than 10 minutes on it. Love the BKGR....

Todd Frost
04-22-2010, 08:40 PM
Subject, pose, perch and bkg are all great. Arties re post kicks it up a notch. Well done. TFS
Todd

Gary Esman
04-22-2010, 08:55 PM
Loved the image so much that I spent more than 10 minutes on it. Love the BKGR....

Thanks Artie appreciate your time and comments! Your repost certainly does look better. So my general idea was good but apparently I need to spend more time in the post processing department. Thanks again for your time and the repost. Have a great one!

Markus Jais
04-22-2010, 11:29 PM
Wonderful shot with great bird and BG. Artie's repost is awesome!

Markus

Arthur Morris
04-23-2010, 05:12 AM
Thanks Artie appreciate your time and comments! Your repost certainly does look better. So my general idea was good but apparently I need to spend more time in the post processing department. Thanks again for your time and the repost. Have a great one!

Hi Gary, YAW. Not really.... Better framing in the field (leaving a bit more room as a border around the lower leaves) would have allowed me to improve this one in less than a minute. Also, exposing to the right would have helped. Last tip: make sure that you can differentiate between the last two black and the last two white boxes on the calibration strip on the bottom of each BPN page when you set your mid-tone slider :)

I keep a BPN window open at all times when working on my images so that I can adjust the tilt of the screen to do just that. Both Robert O'Toole and I are in the minority as we optimize 100% of our images on quality laptops.

denise ippolito
04-23-2010, 08:18 AM
Gary, Beautiful pose, details and perch. Artie's repost really adds to this well done image.

Gary Esman
04-23-2010, 04:35 PM
Subject, pose, perch and bkg are all great. Arties re post kicks it up a notch. Well done. TFS
Todd

Thanks Todd appreciate your time!

Gary Esman
04-23-2010, 04:37 PM
Wonderful shot with great bird and BG. Artie's repost is awesome!

Markus

Thanks Markus.

Gary Esman
04-23-2010, 04:40 PM
Gary, Beautiful pose, details and perch. Artie's repost really adds to this well done image.

Thank you Denise appreciate that!

Gary Esman
04-23-2010, 04:42 PM
Hi Gary, YAW. Not really.... Better framing in the field (leaving a bit more room as a border around the lower leaves) would have allowed me to improve this one in less than a minute. Also, exposing to the right would have helped. Last tip: make sure that you can differentiate between the last two black and the last two white boxes on the calibration strip on the bottom of each BPN page when you set your mid-tone slider :)

I keep a BPN window open at all times when working on my images so that I can adjust the tilt of the screen to do just that. Both Robert O'Toole and I are in the minority as we optimize 100% of our images on quality laptops.

Thanks Artie! Lots to learn but a ton of fun! Make it a great weekend!

Arthur Morris
04-23-2010, 04:52 PM
The bird's correct name is American Goldfinch :)

Harshad Barve
04-23-2010, 10:58 PM
One amazing image and Guruji's repost took this over the top,
TFS