PDA

View Full Version : IE 8 vs Firefox 3.6.3

Dave Leroy
04-22-2010, 10:18 AM
Yesterday after getting various programs colour coordinated, I installed Firefox.

The colours are much better with Firefox and the subtle differences are quite outstanding on some of the posted landscape photos.

This morning I was comparing the calibration strip at the bottom of the page and noticed something.
IE8 seems to be a bit better at displaying this strip, and what I found really surprising is that the writing around the strip was much sharper with more detail using IE8. I confirmed this by looking at a couple posted bird photos.

Of course this is a real nuisance when looking at photos.

I am curious if anyone else has noticed this and if I need to make some settings changes with Firefox. I looked but don't see anything to change.

Dave :confused:

Axel Hildebrandt
04-22-2010, 10:31 AM
If the sharpness does not look right, you might have to reset it by going to view > zoom > reset

Firefox is color-managed and the colors should look more realistic than in IE, which is not color-managed. You could also experiment with Safari, which is color-managed, too.

Dave Leroy
04-22-2010, 11:04 AM
The view>zoom>reset did the trick.

Thanks Axel.

I see Safari works on a PC as well so may check that out as well.

Dave

Axel Hildebrandt
04-22-2010, 11:06 AM
I am glad it worked. The good thing about Firefox is that you can add little add-ons, there are some nice EXIF viewers available. For Windows Opanda is a good one.

The view>zoom>reset did the trick.

Thanks Axel.

I see Safari works on a PC as well so may check that out as well.

Dave