PDA

View Full Version : Down by the river

Stu Bowie
04-22-2010, 10:05 AM
This elephant was walking through the river in the late afternoon. I captured this from the deck of our hotel having a sundowner. This is the Sabi river, and the far bank is the Kruger National Park. Taken last year Feb.

Canon 50D
100-400 @ 400
1/1000
F/6.3
ISO 400

Exp comp 0
Hand Held

Steve Kaluski
04-22-2010, 10:45 AM
Hi Stuart

Just a gentle image of a grazing elephant in the warm light, rather pleasant.;) I do feel though that it needs just a fraction to lift it and a fraction off the rhs, similar to the Zebras? Just a thought.;)

TFS
Steve

Harshad Barve
04-22-2010, 11:22 AM
amazing image Stuartbhai , lovely compo and colors
TFS

Todd Frost
04-22-2010, 08:10 PM
Love the colors and light. Like it as presented, good looking environment. TFS
Todd

Hilary Hann
04-22-2010, 09:26 PM
Not sure what other photos you took of this elephant at the time. I tend to agree with Steve about trying to get a little more zing (my word!) into the image and would also look at a change in cropping. What grabbed me about this photograph is the powerful and beautiful ripples and colour in the water and the graphic diagonal lines of the grasses. I would look at some pp to bring these out somewhat and change the cropping to enhance that aspect which would, of course, change the whole image and may be not at all what you saw or imagined. How much has the image been cropped already?

Bottom line though … very nice photograph of the elephant but also has the potential to be a lot more IMHO.

Stu Bowie
04-22-2010, 11:40 PM
Thank you all for feedback and comments. Much appreciated.

Hilary, This not much of a crop, and I have oodles of space all around. I will give it a go tonight at home.