View Full Version : Eastern Swallowtail

geff bourke
04-22-2010, 09:28 AM
http://www.bourkephotography.com/Macro/Macro%20big/Macro4.jpg

Nikon D300
Sigma 180 mm Macro

Don Thompson
04-22-2010, 11:47 AM
Sweet, but I do find the bright stripe in the background to be a bit distracting.

Ken Childs
04-22-2010, 02:39 PM
Sweet, but I do find the bright stripe in the background to be a bit distracting.
Pretty much what I was thinking.

Geff, please give more info about settings and processing when you post a photo. Check out some of the other posts and you'll see what I mean.

Julie Kenward
04-22-2010, 05:12 PM
Ken's right...we like the tech specs here! It helps us figure out how to comment better and how to possibly improve on your image the next time your in the field.

I really like this although my first thought was that the bright stripe was a bit too attention-getting. You might consider toning it down just a little bit as I think the diagonal line it creates is nice but needs to be a little more in the BG. The butterfly and flower are wonderfully sharp while still retaining that lovely softness they deserve. I love the position of the butterfly with the partially open wing and the separation of the two small end pieces.

Roman Kurywczak
04-22-2010, 07:55 PM
Hi Geff.....light is right on but the line in the BG is a bit distracting.

Vida van der Walt
04-24-2010, 01:43 AM
Geff, the lighter stripe in the bg would be easy to fix. A lovely image.:)

Gail Spitler
04-24-2010, 10:38 AM
Hi Geff - I understand the comments about the streak being distracting. Alternatively I found the streak acting almost like a spot light focused on the center of the flower and the head of the butterfly.
I love the simplicity of the composition.
Well done
Cheers
Gail