PDA

View Full Version : Golden Ragwort

Anita Bower
04-22-2010, 05:27 AM
This is one of the native flowers in my garden--Golden Ragwort. My wrist is healed enough to carry my camera and tripod outside. Shot through some flowers.

Nikon D300, Sigma 105mm macro, f3.3 (Relative), 1/250, ISO 160, center weighted metering, manual exposure, manual focus, tripod, natural light, outdoors. PP: PS7.

Barbara Kile
04-22-2010, 09:47 AM
Shooting through technique is lovely here with the one flower in perfect focus. Beautifully placed in the frame.

Julie Kenward
04-22-2010, 05:14 PM
I like it, too but I also want more, more, more! Would love to see that whole URC filled with more flowers but the diagonal line you've created here is also lovely. Nice soft feel, Anita - what was your lighting like when you created this? It's so serene and peaceful... :)

denise ippolito
04-22-2010, 05:26 PM
Anita, Very lovely look. The softness combined with the in focus flowers is a great combo. I do think that I would tone down the bottom yellow OOF flower that is in the center just a bit. Glad your wrist is a little better.

Roman Kurywczak
04-22-2010, 07:54 PM
Hi Anita,
Glad to see your wrist is better enough for you to get out and about! I always struggle with these comps.....so not sure I have an answer for you but for my tastes....I would prefer this with 1/2 the bottom below flowers out.....but I'm probably not the best judge when it comes to this type of image as I don't have any that look close to this!

Anita Bower
04-22-2010, 07:54 PM
I like it, too but I also want more, more, more! Would love to see that whole URC filled with more flowers but the diagonal line you've created here is also lovely. Nice soft feel, Anita - what was your lighting like when you created this? It's so serene and peaceful... :)
Thanks.
I tried to get yellow in that upper right area, but, didn't work out. I took this picture around 6 pm in shade.

Anita Bower
04-22-2010, 07:55 PM
Hi Anita,
Glad to see your wrist is better enough for you to get out and about! I always struggle with these comps.....so not sure I have an answer for you but for my tastes....I would prefer this with 1/2 the bottom below flowers out.....but I'm probably not the best judge when it comes to this type of image as I don't have any that look close to this!
I see what you mean. I may try playing around with some crops.