PDA

View Full Version : Crocus #2

Christopher Miller
04-21-2010, 09:31 AM
Here's another of the crocus photos that I took earlier this month. Any comments and critique would be most appreciated.

Olympus SP-550 UZ
f3.5 @ 1/125, ISO 100
Aperture priority mode, pattern metering, daylight fluorescent WB
Processed in PS CS2; cropped, curves adjustment, slight saturation boost, noise reduction, and cloned out the edge of a petal in the LLC

Mike Moats
04-21-2010, 07:56 PM
Hey Chris, typically I tell people to put their focus on the fore ground of the subject so you're not looking thru a blur to see the subject, but in this one I really like to see the focus on the orange stamens. But not sure that would work either, we'll see what others say.

Anita Bower
04-22-2010, 04:26 AM
My first thought was, I wish the orange stamen were in focus. This image might work better if it were cropped down to become an abstract. Lovely colors and exposure. Crocus are well past here.

Julie Kenward
04-22-2010, 05:17 PM
I agree with the others - I think a slightly higher camera angle might be even better? I do think the whites could use a bit of brightening or contrast. I do like the comp - just want to see a little more of the stamen.

Roman Kurywczak
04-22-2010, 07:50 PM
Hey Christopher,
Jules nailed my comments on this one.....a slightly higher angle may allow for the focus to be on the stamen and keep the FG softness. Sometimes it doesn't take much!

Christopher Miller
04-22-2010, 08:56 PM
Thanks for your comments, everyone. I was trying to create a more abstract image here by focusing on the petal, but I guess that wasn't the best choice. Something to remember for next year.