PDA

View Full Version : Peter Cottontail

Roy Priest
04-21-2010, 01:27 AM
Finally got the go ahead from the Doc to carry more than 6 lbs. so got out today in the rain and grey skies.
Camera: NIKON D300S
Lens: AF-S VR Nikkor 500mm F4G ED
Focal length: 700*mm*(equiv. 1050*mm)
Aperture: F8
Exposure time: 1/125" (+0.67*EV)
ISO speed rating: 800/30°

Harshad Barve
04-21-2010, 05:58 AM
excellent looking image Roy , loveley ears and eye here , green habitat looking so good ,
TFS

ps , Glad that Doc has given you permission to carry some equipments :)

Todd Frost
04-21-2010, 11:25 AM
Good looking rabbit captured at nice low perspective. Looks like it could be over-sharpened a tad (could just be the wet grass and fur). A little glance your way would have been nice. Nice to get the all clear from the doc. TFS
Todd

Ignacio Yufera
04-22-2010, 03:56 AM
What an unusual-looking rabbit. I love the wet grass feel and the dew. Agree that it looks somewhat oversharpened, may be turning down the brightness might help (at least on my monitor).

Roy Priest
04-23-2010, 01:31 PM
excellent looking image Roy , loveley ears and eye here , green habitat looking so good ,
TFS

ps , Glad that Doc has given you permission to carry some equipments :)

Thanks Harshad, it is really greening up now, the trees are starting to get leaves and the swallows are returning.

Roy Priest
04-23-2010, 01:32 PM
Good looking rabbit captured at nice low perspective. Looks like it could be over-sharpened a tad (could just be the wet grass and fur). A little glance your way would have been nice. Nice to get the all clear from the doc. TFS
Todd

Todd, it was raining but I do apply a little more sharpening when saving a jpeg to show online. I have some with him staring directly at me.

Roy Priest
04-23-2010, 01:33 PM
What an unusual-looking rabbit. I love the wet grass feel and the dew. Agree that it looks somewhat oversharpened, may be turning down the brightness might help (at least on my monitor).

Thanks Ignacio, as I said in my post to Todd, I do add a little more sharpening for images on the web. Maybe a little too much on this one.:)